<VV> Online article

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Jan 8 08:44:22 EST 2008

Doug
I know that it's not easy to roll an EM, but I've seen one that did. Parted it out down in Murfreesboro,NC about 12 years ago.  60 4dr, 3 spd. a 16 year old kid did it on a rain slick road.  The car slid on it's left side for about 100 feet, then headed into the ditch and flipped to the light (roof) side.  The rear glass was intact, the front glass broken but the A pillars did not collapse, and the kid got out of the car with some scratches and scared as hell but that's it.

You might have read about the 60 I'm presently parting out in the backyard. I flipped it over with a tow chain, made it lots easier to get the front and rear X members and the gas tank out, and I already have plenty of glass for 4 drs (I WANT A COUPE).  The front windshield broke, but the A pillars have not collapsed, and the rear glass is unharmed. it's been sitting on its roof for 2 weeks and the A pillars STILL havent collapsed.

If somehow you managed to roll a EM, I think it safe to say you could crawl out pretty much unscathed.  For a car that was engineered to last about 10 years, it's still pretty stout for 48 years old.

Hank