<VV> Corvair Article

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:04:18 EST 2008

Beth-
That is a pretty good article. I suggest a couple of corrections. The first is to correct a common mistake. Ralph Nader's book came out after the '65 Corvair was already engineered and being built. If Ralph's book did anything it was to push GM to continue making the Corvair until after 1966 when they had the cheaper to build Camaro to replace it.
Second correction: I think the Ultra Vans were built by an outside company and used Corvair drivetrains. The later ones used watercooled engines when Corvair production stopped.
Ed