<VV> MODULATORS

steven at sashimi.org steven at sashimi.org
Tue Jan 29 14:26:41 EST 2008

Here's a bit of follow up. Just so there's no misunderstanding I am not in
any way criticising Clarks.  To the contrary, I am extremely pleased with
them, the quality of the parts I recieve, the courtesy and knowlege of
their staff, their fast speed to delivery, and their response to my inquiry
about this problem.

That said, to recap, I had considerable 1-2 upshift slipping with the new
Clarks vacuum modulator installed in my PG, which resolved upon installing
an old, cruddy, used VM.

I have written to Clark's and they think the problem I experienced (slip on
upshift) may be due to PG case to case (dimensional) variations. Based on
their communications, they are not having complaints from others about the
vacuum modulators.  At their request I am sending the unit back to them so
that they can dissect it.

Incidentally they did mention that doubling up on the vacuum modulator
gasket might help, but this doesn't really explain to me why an old VM
would work when the new one does not.

- Steve

'69 Monza convertible 140 PG
'62 Rampside