<VV> Brake update

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 3 13:58:18 EDT 2008

Well, the left front brake cylinder and shoe assembly is done.  Had
to put it together and install in twice.  Don't ask.  Proud though,
first time I have ever done a drum brake.  Not bad for a school
teacher.  Whether it'll work or not remains to be seen; rolls nicely
on stands.  Started in on replacing the back brake hoses.  They're a
lot more fun...not.  Somehow the brake line got distorted in the
removal process so that the connecting screw to the hose would not
slide down far enough to connect the threads on the hose.  The small
line wouldn't come loose from the three way junction either.  I had
to struggle with that bad boy for thirty minutes until I finally got
it to slide down far enough to make a thread connection and that
allowed me to get it connected.  I'm really looking forward to the
other side...not.

Stephen "getting faster as I do things two or three times, usually
not by design" Upham