<VV> Brake Fluids

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 14:24:20 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/3/2008 10:41:54 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
andrewcouchst at netzero.net writes:

Wally  world sells a "synthetic" fluid for a dollar more then regular fluid.
Not sure  about the details. It's in a yellow bottle from Prestone. I rarely
change even  the rubbers. Just hone and clean and go... Andrew

If you are completely cleaning out the system and want to do a full
replacement, and the car is a street driven car without major HD usage (track  days,
etc.) I think the good synthetic - DOT 5 is fine. If the car is going  together
for a specific race, and will be bled and checked out often, a  good DOT 3 or
DOT4 is best. New cars with ABS do not generally use  Synthetic brake fluids.
I have replaced old (non-synthetic) fluid with new  non-Synthetic fluid on
newer cars as recommended and I have found good  results, a harder pedal, etc,
so fluid does get old. I think the "dollar more"  Prestone is a better fluid -
I think it is DOT4 as well as DOT3 compatible.  - Seth Emerson