<VV> Radio ideas

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Jul 5 16:26:45 EDT 2008

Seth,

I already figured out you were nuts! That's what I like about you.

The idea sounds great! As for the pushbuttons, all the Corvair radios that I
have, the pushbuttons mechanically move the dial across. There is no
electrical connection to the buttons. However, I would bet I (we) could
mount some type of micro switch inside the radio to accomplish the task. It
sounds very doable. I have a new (about 4 hours playtime) 8-track under dash
player that could be used for this experiment. We could also wire the radio
knobs to adjust the 8-track volume and tone. I have several dead AM radios
that could be used for this. Hummmm, The gears in my head are turning.

8-track recorders and blank tapes are rather easy to find on E-bay.

Dave Thompson

Westminster, CA

  _____