<VV> Radio ideas

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Jul 6 08:50:14 EDT 2008

 - Seth (already nuts, it would  appear!)

Appearances here are not deceiving!

My last experience with 8 Track recording made me swear never to do it
again!
I had a recorder and I would always try to make the cuts even out with the
length of the tape so it would not change tracks in the middle of a cut.
You had to time it with a stop watch as the counter was not accurate and it
didn't count in minutes and seconds either.
I did the recording project for a friend so I wanted it to be as good as
what I would do for myself.

Also some of the old 8 Tracks would drift and you would have the left
channel from one cut and the right channel from another cut all playing at
the same time!
I couldn't stand it. Some later more expensive players like the Lear had an
adjustment knob that moved the head up or down to correct this. Those old
players were notorious for quickly wearing out the heads. I got good at
replacing them. The cartridges were bad about un-spooling which required a
deft touch to get the tape rewound. It was ugly when the machine ate your
favorite tape too. I lost my best Iron Butterfly tape that way while driving
down the road. It made me so mad I just ripped the cart out and flung it out
the window! Ya just don't see that anymore...

Ahhhh, the digital age! Actually, all my old stuff was digital....I played
it with my fingers....DOH!

Rick Norris
( still have over 300 vinyl albums and four turn tables!)