<VV> rebuilt engine break in and oil change

Duane, Jim E. JDuane at advprograms.com
Mon Jul 14 07:34:13 EDT 2008

Hi Jedd.

I know a lot of people have their own method, but this is what I did.  I followed the advice of "motoman" http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm and that of Clark's (sent with my rings).  The motoman advice (a little scary after investing that kind of dough) and the 20W oil from the Clarks tip sheet seem to work just fine.  The 180 doesn't smoke anymore (OH, BTW, our ace Corvair machinist Jack showed me just how little ring tension there was on my old "Total Seal" rings!) and fuel economy has increased from 17-18 to 19-20MPG.

Jim Duane

'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA