<VV> Leaking carbs update

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 17:22:09 EDT 2008

	I was told by a club member with extensive knowledge of carbs to
check the electric pump fuel output.  He stated that the pump should
ideally be putting out about a pint every 45 seconds.  When I checked
mine, it was putting out over a pint every 20 seconds.  Perhaps that
is the reason for the venturi leaking fuel into the carbs.  I thought
that electric pumps were supposed to get weaker when they failed, not
stronger.
	I'm in the process of replacing the fuel pump with a quieter version
(65 decibels) rated from 1.5 - 5 lbs. and will be adding an
adjustable fuel pressure regulator to boot.  The main thing that I'm
missing is the oil pressure shut off switch which I really need to
add (don't know the best method, though).
	I've also got the minor carb repair kit and 50 and 51 jets on the
way from a major East coast vendor and I may do an exploratory on the
carbs since I have them off anyway.

Will keep ya'll updated as usual.

Stephen U