<VV> Timing adjustments

corvairs corvairs at pacifier.com
Fri Jul 18 15:49:52 EDT 2008

I'm not sure how GM reconciled the fact that each casting with a
different timing number has the same part number. There are, of course,
a number of rear castings with different timing marks. How many
different part numbers are there - or are they ALL the same part number?
And if you ordered that part number  from a dealer which one would you
get? Obviously the 0-18 casting, as it would work with any of the others
(ex the turbo of course). Thinking about it I'm sure that it was never
an issue because the 0-16, 0-12, 0-8 etc castings would have never been
offered for sale in the parts department. A little awkward but just one
of those things.  Lon

www.corvairunderground.com