<VV> Respect the Corvair Deserves

monza67 at aol.com monza67 at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 12:53:36 EDT 2008

Have you noticed the change in the last few years where the Corvair is finally getting some of the respect that it deserves? It used to be that I was almost embarrased to take my Corvair to a car show (not really), but now they draw attention at the shows and cruise nights. I was driving my 66 Corsa convertible around town this morning and a new Porsche Carrera pulled up along side. He gave me the thumbs up, rolled down his window and said he used to have one when he was a kid, then said 'they're a great car'. It's not that I need this type of validation for me to enjoy my Corvairs, but I just love the fact that folks are starting to respect and appreciate them. I guess folks are finally starting to realize what we've all known for a long time.
Chuck Prosise
66 Corsa convert., 140hp, 3 speed
67 Monza
65 Spatz/Corvair Dunebuggy, 140hp, 4 speed