<VV> Floor pan stops

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Jul 27 12:16:24 EDT 2008

Les asked:
Working on my '65 Corsa cvt that I've never seen assembled. Reading the body
manual, the rear seat bottom is supposed to be pushed back and underneath
the "floor pan stops" at the front of the rear seat. All I have at that
point is a slotted hole in a bracket welded to the floor. I assume there is
something that bolts into that hole that the rear seat bottom snaps under.
Does anyone have a photo of what needs to be in that hole? I may even have
the part here and not recognize it.

Thanks,
Les

Craig replies:
No, the hook on the floor is all there is to it.  There's a wire "loop" on
the bottom of the seat cushion that is held down by the hook.  It's only
half hard to get the loop into the hook but it's usually a real bugger to
get it back out.

1) Fold the seat back slightly forward to create extra room for the cushion.
2) Push the cushion as far to the rear as possible. Bump it with you knee if
needed.
3) Look under the cushion and you will see that the loop has to go back
another 1/2" or so.
4) Place the tip of a wide screwdriver on the loop to concentrate force and
push on it to get the loop back far enough to pass the end of the hook and
drop down.
5) Repeat on the other side.

HTH, Craig