<VV> Jet Coatings

sgang54 at aol.com sgang54 at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 16:41:05 EDT 2008

Bob, possible explanation: since the thermostat is downstream of the manifold, it responds to the temperature of the air
after it has passed both the heads and manifold. Also picks up radiant heat from the close-by manifold as well.
Ceramic coating appears to reduce that. You might try an infra-red non-contact thermometer to check the surface
temp of the coated/uncoated logs to verify your temperature readings.

Steve Gangi
disclaimer: I'm not an engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

Message: 3