<VV> Watches (not much Corvair)

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 16:21:01 EDT 2008

We used a Bulova Accutron watch, taped to the top of the control
cosole, for accurate time at the radio station I was assigned to in
Vietnam.

The power seldom ran at the proper frequency (60 Hz) so electric  clocks
were never correct. Our frequency meter usually indicated between 58  and
59 1/2 Hz.

The Accutron was a marvel. Dead on accurate. When we flipped the switch
for the network news the familiar three short and one long beep of the  AFVN
time signal was always right there followed immediately by the news.

Mandatory Corvair content: By the time I was drafted at 19 in 1966 I  had
already owned 2 Corvairs. A tourquise 1962 Monza Coupe 102/4 Sp and
a silver 1964 Spyder Convertible Turbo/4 Sp.

I guess I was already hooked on American technology.

Tim  Abney

Inland Empire Corvair Club

In a message dated 6/20/2008 6:04:39 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,