<VV> [fastvair] Convention

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 19:06:17 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/25/2008 3:40:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
FrankCB at aol.com writes:

Scotty,
Excellent question!  Also, does anyone  know  what the SUBJECTS are for
the 3 tech sessions?  These are  one of the  highlights of the convention for
me
and I'm always  disappointed that they  sometimes receive "short shrift" from

Convention organizers.  I remember  one convention where the  times were
changed
so often that we missed one of the  tech sessions  that we wanted to attend.
Frank  Burkhard

On Tuesday, Mark R. Aksamit gave a presentation called "The Limits of  Power"
concerning detonation and Blaine Jenkins--a retired GM interior designer
gave a presentation called "Corvair Interior Design".
On Wednesday, Eileen Auber gave a lecture titled "Traditional Quilter to
Artist/entreprenuer"  and this afternoon bob Anderson is giving  a  presentation
on Differentials--assembly, internals, causes of distress--and how  to help it
survive.
On Thursday, Dan Drummerhausen will talk about 4-speed transmissions  (61~69,
including 4-speeds and Saginaw boxes)
On Friday Tom Blass (retired engineer, member of SAE) will give a
dissertation on air cooling covering everything from the fan belt through  maintenance;
also a bit about torquing fasteners; and Ray Sedman will be  speaking about
Fuel Injection systems for the Corvain (the design,  implementation and
installation of aftermarket EFI systems.

This is paraphrased for the official Convention program.

Scotty from Hollyweird