<VV> Convention VV meeting

flat6vair at comcast.net flat6vair at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 09:25:51 EDT 2008

crimony,

One mis-step and the world is falling apart.

Yes,  the VV mtg lacked a specific leader or leaders.  OK.   My past experience for the few I have attended in the past was it was introduce everyone to each other,   talk,  socialize.    From what i have read,  that is what happened,  just in a much more relaxed, unorganized manner -- like after a chapter meeting anywhere.

Many board members had work -- that thing that puts bread on the table, to return to .  This included Dennis who would have led the meeting if he was able to attend.   Those board members still in attendance where either helping with the convention) or Corsa merchandise table.

If anyone is to blame,  blame me.   I'm the president,   blame stops at my desk.   Matt Nall asked me who was leading the VV mtg.  I was thus aware of teh potential problem.   I have not attending a VV mtg since 2002.  Too many other activities to do at a convention,  and lots of people wanting to bend my ear.  I listen the best I can.

In the past,  someone always seems to stand up and say "lets get started"  so I was not overly concerned.  Guess I should have been,  <snip non positive comments>  .

The schedule is established by the convention hosts with the CORSA convention committee.  We try to accommodate ALL the various meetings that need to take place with minimal overlap.   Some years we do better than others.   Vairorg may put in a request but that is about the limit.

Now folks,   The complaint has been filed,  duly noted.  In the future,  we will make sure 1 person is assigned to lead the VV meeting and will be in attendance, and will be placed, time wise, in such a way to allow the meeting to last longer than the listed time -- or at least be close enough to a secondary meeting place <where beer is served? >

back to tech talk,  pictures of the convention, and other FUN stuff

tim mahler
who has to call work from the convention. #$%