<VV> PG question - fluid level?

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Mar 6 10:26:21 EST 2008

All Corvair Powerglides will slip in right turns when the fluid level
in the pan is about 1.5 pints low.  The oil pan contains only one
quart of fluid when the transmission is properly filled, engine
running.  The small pan volume is a result of the low mounted
transmission requiring a shallow oil pan.   The oil pan must still
having room to receive two quarts of fluid from the draining torque
converter when the engine is stopped.   Over filling the transmission
results in the fluid level contacting the Revineau gear causing
severe fluid foaming.
Jim Davis