<VV> Convertible Tonneau Cover Question

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Thu Mar 6 21:33:08 EST 2008

Hi

I’m having a struggle getting the convertible top cover to go into the
channel behind the rear seat on my 66 convertible.

Originally the channel was crudded over with rust. I cleaned that out and
painted it and even with some spray silicone grease to help slide things
through I can still only get the cover about half on before it locks up.

Was I wrong to paint the channel?

Any ideas most welcome!

Thanks,

Bob