<VV> Radio Speakers

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Mon Mar 10 20:08:01 EDT 2008

I can attest to the difficulties as the original 10 ohm in my 66 died (a
poorly designed unit a mere 42 years old  :-) ) and I spent most of Sunday
upside down under the dash struggling to put in an 8 ohm unit as a temporary
replacement. I had quite a few 8 ohm units in the parts bin but most are too
deep to fit well. The original shallow one is about 1/2 inch slimmer and has
a speaker coil which fits the mounting bracket better than a generic 8 ohm
unit.

I checked around and as Craig mentioned, most, if not all modern automotive
speakers are 4 ohm units.

Bob
PS Then there's the story of the sparks that flew when I inadvertently
pulled out the IGN wire out of the ignition switch while struggling with the
radio (and I won't even go into what happened next but it left the entire
car without power!)