<VV> CORSA

Lon Wall corvairs at pacifier.com
Mon Mar 17 14:43:32 EDT 2008

Gary - Replies in your e mail.......

Gary Swiatowy wrote:

>By the way, we have some members, yes active ones. Who would leave the
>chapter in a heartbeat if CORSA membership became mandatory.
>Because frankly.........CORSA at one time or another has PO'd them.

Then that is a serious problem for your club. Are they upset about the
times Corsa presidents got caught being  serial killers or when staff
members went to prison for bilking thousands out of thier retirements?
Or maybe it was all the board members who went to prison for being child
molesters? There's been so much bad associated with Corsa I can
certainly see thier point.

>The world does not revolve around CORSA.

No it doesn't, which is why it is interesting to me that any of your
local members would quit your club (which I assume to be a very good
club that offers them a great deal)  if Corsa membership became mandatory.

>I have been a member for many years, and I have seen plenty of the bad,
>along with the good. And beleive me, even the BOD members in the past have
>cast CORSA in a bad light. By words, and actions.

I have been a member since 1973 and have seen an occasional bad board
member. Thats maybe 3 or 4 out of several hundred?  Every board member
is an individual human and we are not going to impress you all of the
time. When you say, "plenty of the bad", I need some help here. Why not
give all the examples?

I would suggest that any  local chapter member that says Corsa has
nothing to offer them think of this one word - Insurance. But of course
that's not a glamorous subject, so it must not be important. There's
also the very intangiable issue of the hobby itself. What if there had
never been a Corsa?   I'll leave that for my next post.

Lon Wall
Corsa Western Director (For a month or two more?)