<VV> Alignment Question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 16:33:16 EDT 2008

                                     B"H

I was quite amazed when I went to a local shop to have
my Monza's wheels aligned...the technician, doubtful
of his computer's having the Corvair in its database,
pulled up "Chevrolet" and "1969" and there it was,
"Corvair, 1966-69, 2.7L Coupe" with FULL specs for
front AND REAR alignment.

Having replaced the HD springs in the car with the
stock units, all four wheels were badly out of line,
and after following the instructions on the screen to
adjust toe-in, caster and camber on all four wheels,
he got it pretty much on the money.

So I would suggest a 4-wheel computer alignment from a
shop that has the Corvair in its database, and you
probably can't go wrong if the technician is half
ambitious to work on something built before 1980.  The
laser alignment seems to be pretty impressive to get
the car to the factory specs, since the computer
adjusts the laser for each car so that the alignment
meets the original specifications

BTW, they had all the Corvair years from 1960 on, in
the database...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG