<VV> [FC] Corvair Research

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu May 1 16:02:39 EDT 2008

I've been asked by several people to cite my source for this statement.
I know I've read it, but as I've searched my reference material for the
source, I can't find it.

I do find that the NHTSA looked at insurance loses as one of the
categories in their investigation which determined that the Corvair did
as well as or better than other similar vehicles (leading to the
assumption that the insurance losses were at worst similar to the
competition), but otherwise I can't find a citation.

So this post is to do two things... one is to withdraw the statement
below as written since I can't substantiate it.

Second is to ask if anyone else has seen the same data that I _know_
I've seen in the past but just can't locate now... would love to have a
reference for this claim since it makes a great case for the Corvair
(assuming it's true...)

Thanks!
Bill