<VV> White Gas - no vair

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 3 03:13:57 EDT 2008

Someone mentioned this the other day.  I don't recall the exact context.

Anyway, what IS white gas?  I recall most gas having a yellow tint and white
gas being clear.

Is it simply the lack of lead which makes it clear and gives it that name?
If so, do ALL of today's various blends fall into the category of "white
gas"?

It is likely obvious by now that I don't know a lot about gasoline (except
that my brother and I cleaned a lot of 30's Fords parts with it), but I'm
trying to lead up to my REAL question.

Coleman company has charged a lot of money over the years for "Coleman
Fuel".  Is that anything more than unleaded gas with an (some?) amount of
lubricant added for the pump mechanism?  Oh... this part of the question
only applies to those among the VV group who have actually used a "pump up"
Coleman stove/lantern.

Off line replies are JF - unless you feel the general group might be
interested in your answer.

Thanks.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member