<VV> White Gas - no vair

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Sat May 3 06:04:59 EDT 2008

Anyway, what IS white gas?

Current pump unleaded!

Is it simply the lack of lead which makes it clear and gives it that name?

If so, do ALL of today's various blends fall into the category of "white

gas"?

Yep!

It is likely obvious by now that I don't know a lot about gasoline (except

that my brother and I cleaned a lot of 30's Fords parts with it), but I'm

trying to lead up to my REAL question.

Coleman company has charged a lot of money over the years for "Coleman

Fuel".  Is that anything more than unleaded gas with an (some?) amount of

lubricant added for the pump mechanism?

Coleman fuel is primarily naphtha.  And yes, they'll run just fine on
regular pump unleaded fuel.  Coleman even went so far as to offer "unleaded
gasoline stoves" a few years ago....which differed from their "other" stoves
by having a slightly different shaped tank, a different sticker, and a
higher price tag!

John