<VV> White Gas - no vair

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat May 3 07:27:38 EDT 2008

> Anyway, what IS white gas?
> Current pump unleaded!

This brings back memories of my Dad instructing me on the operation of our
first gas powered lawn mower. It had to have "white gas"
in the tank. Back then most gasoline was an orangish color. AMOCO always had
the "white gas" which was unleaded and was clear in color.
Sunoco gasoline was tinted a light blue. I liked thier pump where you could
dial up the low grade or the full boogie Panther whiz!
As we boys were always tearing down our bicycles we used the white gas to
degrease all the little parts that came out of the New Departure
coaster brake! I seemed to always have parts left over but the brake still
worked.....kinda like our Corvairs!

Rick Norris
#38 Sunoco Corvair