<VV> 90wt

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 3 20:05:07 EDT 2008

About once a year or so (maybe longer) I need to add gear oil (roughly a
pint).  This is a '65 4 speed with a dip stick for the dif - this is how I
know when it is low.

So, typically I jack up the left side (place 2 stands) and add at the
transmission plug hole.  Since the car is not level, this actually overfills
the tranny.  I figure that the excess will work it's way over to the dif.
Does anyone see a problem with this technique?

I know, I should fix the leak.... but until I do.....

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140