<VV> White Gas - no vair Mobil also

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun May 4 19:22:13 EDT 2008

I beg to differ on the year. The lawn mower engines that had "Use White
Gas" on the label were from the 50's. I clearly remember my local Amoco
station having signs on the premium pump stating "No Lead" was in the
product in the early 60s when I was mowing lawns. But also Mobil had
white gas in the Virginia area. Some lawn mowers specifically specified
Mobilgas white gas for their engines. In the early 70s I noted Mobil
premium no longer said No Lead on the pumps, but then came out with
unleaded regular in the mid 70s when catalytic converters became
fashionable.

Frank DuVal