<VV> 4 speed adjustment questions

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 5 01:20:50 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/4/2008 7:19:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

Hey  Seth, you need more "bench" time with earlies! gggg

The early has No  outer shift tube. Neither does the FC (either style of
shifter). The only  early shift bushing is a plastic part that holds the
front of the tube to  the floor shifter assembly. So we don't have to
rebuild that shift tube  assembly, we just have "guess-a-gear" most of
the time! ggggg   Because of this I find the earlies easier to shift in
normal driving. Fast  shifting/racing is a different matter. But Smitty
does just fine with his  modifications in Spike.

Guilty as charged. The last early I worked on was a race car - and it had a
late shifter - completely modified at that (Sperical rod ends as stabilizers)-
 installed. So the real experts should speak - Smitty?  -  Seth

favorites at AOL Food.