<VV> car won't start on starter postion

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 12:26:50 EDT 2008

66 power-glide, 110.  Car doesn't seem to start with
cranking but when I release the key it will fire.
Seems the voltage from the start position of the
ignition switch isn't good.  I can hook up a hot wire
to the hot side of the coil and all is well at
start-up.  I have cleaned the connection at the
firewall with a wire brush and WD-40.  Didn't help.
This is an intermittent problem sometimes it works but
mostly since winter inactivity it won't fire up until
I release the key switch.