<VV> CORSA Future.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon May 5 15:24:23 EDT 2008

James and others,

I've seen this same comparison made, and I disagree with it, and I
think this is part of the problem that many volunteer or charitable
organizations have right now.  We aren't "customers", we are a group
with a common interest and this group has expenses.  I may not be
explaining this well enough, but I see a similar problem in our local
Little League baseball.  The problem is, the organization runs on
volunteer power, but many parents view it as a business.  It isn't.
It's an organization where kids can play baseball, and that takes
money for bats and balls and all that stuff.  CORSA needs money
mostly for communication - so we can find out what other Corvair
owners are doing, for our own benefit.  While we need to make good
monetary decisions, treating CORSA - or any other volunteer
organization - too much like a business is a mistake, IMO.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa