<VV> Alternatives to Re: dial-up

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon May 5 15:58:45 EDT 2008

Mark et al,
    There may be alternatives.  Before I  got a high speed connection
(Verizon DSL) I used a simple dial-up to read my  email and download small files.
However, when I got a large file (a long  report or a number of family pics, for
example) I would drive to the local  library, bring in my laptop and use
THEIR high speed wireless connection to  quickly download the large files into my
laptop.
    I've even gone to the library on Sunday, when it's  closed and parked
outside in the parking lot and used their wireless connection  to download email
and files.
    Similarly, a friend of mine refused her kids' offer  to get her a
computer.  Instead, she bikes to her nearby library and  uses THEIR computers to
download her email and even uses THEIR printer to print  out pics or articles she
wants to preserve.  All of this is free of charge  (unless she does more than
5 printed sheets).
    It might be worth investigating if you occasionally  get large files to
download.
    Regards,
    Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 5/5/2008 11:05:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,