<VV> EM loose Steering

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Thu May 8 00:15:09 EDT 2008

[SNIP]
Hi Dave,

Usually the gears don't really wear much, it's the bushings.  That
said, the simplest thing is to put a Flaming River box in it, you get
all new parts and a slightly faster ratio.  Check with Seth Emerson,
he had a lot to do with getting the production set up, and can tell
you if you need any adapters (I think it's a bolt in to your car).

--Bryan
[SNIP]

Bryan,
So, you are saying that most likely the slop is being caused by the bushings
and NOT worn gears? If So, I will purchase the rebuild kit and do it my
self. I would LOVE to get a new steering box. I have looked at the new
Flaming River one and drooled all over my desk. (Grin) However, I've been
out of work for several months (starting a new job on the 19th) so I have to
be frugal with the vair for now. Perhaps someday I will be able to replace
the rebuild with a new one. Right now, I want the steering to be right for
safety's sake. Upgrades come later.
Thanks,
Dave Thompson