<VV> Warning Re: interlocks (still humor), was: Human Factor(Humor)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu May 8 10:21:58 EDT 2008

Guys,
    If you drive an automatic trans with a parking gear  position and park on
a hilly surface WITHOUT using the emergency brake to hold  the car you may
find you can't get the car out of park when you try to move  it.  I've had to
help neighbors that have gotten into this situation.   So with an modern
automatic (NOT Corvair PG), always engage the emergency brake  BEFORE you put the
trans into park position so the weight of the car is NOT  supported by the
parking pawl in the transmission.
    Frank "the other one" Burkhard

In a message dated 5/8/2008 12:09:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,