<VV> parking brake and in gear?

N6nev at aol.com N6nev at aol.com
Thu May 8 11:30:13 EDT 2008

Last month as I applied my parking brake, the cable broke.  So I  wonder, if
the cable broke while I was not in the car, what would happen? I have  a PG
trans.   The car would just roll away, as I live on a slight  hill...Or If I had
a manual, I aways put the trans in gear, and turn the wheels  to the curb..
Safety first...Also I have seen cars "pop out of park"  ( It  was not put in
park completely )  and roll away,oops.... So when parking,  do both

Larry
retired auto shop owner
61  monza

favorites at AOL Food.