<VV> Unintended acceleration no Corvair

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 8 15:32:23 EDT 2008

Don't count on interlocks or brakes. Several years ago on a business trip I rented a Taurus. After starting the car in Park with the foot brake on , I looked down at the floor mounted console and selected R ( It was parked faceing  into another rental car). I felt a little thump. It felt like a forward motion, sure enough, as I eased the brake off,  it crept forward. After a couple of repeats,  I went in and got another car.

 If I was in a hurry and stepped on the gas while actually in a forward gear.................

MIKE KOVACS

***

In a message dated 5/7/2008 10:07:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,