<VV> interlocks (still humor), was: Human Factor(Humor)

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu May 8 15:50:12 EDT 2008

This brake-to-start interlock issue just shows how far we have come down
the road from the era of personal responsibility, and the "accidents"
caused by the irresponsible -- anyone remember the starter button on the
floor, where you had to step on the gas to engage the starter?  Fifties
GM pickups come to mind, as well as many pre-War electric start cars ...

Actually, I think this brake pedal interlock is a pretty good
implementation. Wouldn't be too hard to adapt to a Corvair -- feed the
brake light signal to a relay for the starter solenoid.  Of course it
would mess up the gas saving coasting downhill with the engine off,
restarting while rolling out on the flat.

Bill Strickland