<VV> dangerous invitations

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 00:38:04 EDT 2008

See. I was thinking I was in the ole '60 Stude. (G)

-Mark

And
> > yes, I DO remember the "leave in gear, turn the wheels, etc." thing in
> > driver ed.
>
> > -Mark
>

> The 1960 Studebaker owner's manual starting procedure says "be sure the
parking brake is applied and the transmission is in neutral."  I suspect
the Corvair's owner's manual says something similar.  In simpler times evil
corporations could successfully hide behind statements like that to
presumably thwart  potentially dangerous "unintended acceleration"
incidents.