<VV> Stupid humans-No Corvair (unless it's Electrovair or Tim'selectric Rampside)

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 00:55:54 EDT 2008

Before anyone laughs too hard, there was a piece in the Automotive News in
the last week or two about some government body wanting to require a
certain noise level on cars, because of this kind of possibility. Seems
they want electric cars to have a noise generator on them, or something.
And it wasn't that long ago that they were legislating against cars
(specifically hot rods) being too noisy. I'm with you Lonzo!

-Mark

Tim'selectric Rampside)

> Hey guys,
> I rarely complain, but for some reason this story really hit some of my
> buttons... so please excuse me as I step up on the soapbox:
>
> Personal accountability.... it seems to be a rarity in today's world as
far
> as the media is concerned...
> Here's a story about a woman who is upset that a car hit her kid (who was
on
> a bike in the middle of the street) and the kid didn't hear the car
because
> it's a HYBRID!!!!
> The kid turned right in front of the car (without looking) and she's
blaming
> the driver.... the car wasn't loud enough!!!!
> Here's the story.....

_http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/08/its-happened-boy-hit-by-hybrid-mom-blame
s-