<VV> What's in the PG pan?

vair65 at netzero.net vair65 at netzero.net
Sat May 10 12:47:55 EDT 2008

I replace the shift cable on the '62 rampside and was told that I needed to adjust the manual valve.  So I proceeded to drop the pan and make the adjustment.  When the pan was dropped I found some stuff in it.  It looks like a brass material and is not magnetic.  I have no idea what is in a PG (first time to remove a auto pan).  What is this?  Since the PG was operating OK before I plan on just cleaning and putting back together for now.  Still would like to know what the stuff is...
Pictures are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/563368147Vmzyqc?vhost=community
Thanks,
Keith Hammett