<VV> LM batterry replacement

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sat May 10 16:06:36 EDT 2008

As for me, I'd use any size battery that would fit in the plastic battery
tray, the bigger (electrically speaking) the better. I'd also op for a dual
terminal, if available. The double posts have a variety of uses, from
providing a "spare" jumping terminal to an easy-connect for a battery
tender.

BTW, the "standard" LM Corvair battery was a "backwards" battery (terminals
on the opposite side/end vs a "standard" battery layout), whereas the HD
battery was of a standard layout. That's why the HD battery option had a
ground cable that's 6" longer than normal. The hot cable would stretch, but
the ground wouldn't. It's how to tell if a car came with that option. If
you're parting out a car with one in it, look extra hard and see if the
pair of (two-piece) battery caps were discarded into the fender wells. All
in all, it's a really rare option, and (at least) the battery caps are no
longer available, even as repops.

-Mark

battery

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org