<VV> Bulbs burn out quickly?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun May 11 14:44:29 EDT 2008

 No,  Ron is right. The current through a bulb is determined by the
available volatge and the resistance of the bulb. E=IR, I=E/R ohm's law.
The only way to get more current through the bulb is to apply more
voltage. Even if you put the bulb in series with the starter motor, the
current through the bulb would not exceed its normal current. Of course
the starter motor would not run, since now its current is limited.

Frank DuVal