<VV> 140 4 spd to PG question

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun May 11 23:47:34 EDT 2008

Bob asked:
I have a 66 coupe, because of my legs want to use the cars powerglide with a
140 that originally had a 4 speed. I have been told that  due to factory
setup it is not  good idea to swap them out that way, the result would be
doggy with little low end.
Any thoughts?

Couldn't find any specifics in the archives.

Chaplain Bob

Craig replies:
It'll work, it just won't be optimized (i.e. slightly doggy). GM sold early
140PG cars with the standard 110/140 cam but quickly reworked the cam and
cam timing in mid year. You could always split the cases and install the 889
cam, retimed with a split cam key or a PG140 crank gear.
Craig

Checked by AVG.
1:08 PM