<VV> '65 High rpm when started

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun May 11 23:25:08 EDT 2008

Check the throttle linkage. Spark plug wires can get in the way. Broken
throttle return spring? 140s have lots of parts to the throttle linkage,
check carefully.

Disconnect the accelerator rod that goes through the "firewall" part of
the shroud. If the idle is fine, but returns to high after rod is hooked
back up, check between the firewall and gas pedal.

Frank DuVal