<VV> Valiant no Corvair

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed May 14 23:53:19 EDT 2008

Nope, this rabbit trail is being led astray. And if youse guys think the
Plymouth afficianadoes would let an error stay on Wikipedia...... The
Duster was a sub series of Valiant. The Duster only came in two door
fast back styling. I know Valiant lasted until 1976 because I test drove
one. 225 Slant six manual tranny. Said to get 26 mpg by Richmond
Chrysler Plymouth. Gas shortages and all..... Dealers were promoting
strippers.

I bought a 1964 Spyder Conv instead. No, it did not get 26 mpg around
town the way I drove it!

Lancer name was retired very early, like 1962. The 1962 Dodge Dart was a
full size Dodge. In 1963 the Dart became the compact car to replce the
Lancer name. The Dart was also used until 1976 when the Aspen series
replaced the Dart.

I am looking at my 1983 Chilton's manual which has front end pictures of
1976 Dart, Valiant, Aspen and Volare. Page C59.

Frank DuVal

ps Don't mess with me on car brands until the 1980s when they started
looking alike!