<VV> Corvair Master cylinder

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu May 15 16:13:37 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/15/2008 11:49:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corvair65 at verizon.net writes:

You know  what they say about the third time.

My question concerns the silicon  brake fluid.  Can you just pump all the old
fluid out of the system,  and then replace it with the new, or does all the
rubber need to be  replaced also.  The previous owner just had the brakes
system rebuilt  about 6,000 miles ago, but that may equate to 10+ years.

Russ

Actually, Russ - "They" say the third time is the charm. But it looks like
you already used up your charm! I go with Harry Yarnell- (The Poobah). Although
 I have run siliconE fluid in a number of cars, that was really for cars that
 were not to be driven much. It also usually involved a complete renewal of
the  whole system. But as of late, I don't know any racers who will use it in a
car  THEY have to drive (humor). Of course, racers may change fluid, or bleed
it,  more often than the normal driver. - although, after looking at some of
the cars  I have seen at track events, I am not so sure of that! Supposedly,
there is a  new DOT4 fluid that retains most of the good attributes of the
DOT3. take a look  at: _http://www.shotimes.com/SHO3brakefluid.html_
(http://www.shotimes.com/SHO3brakefluid.html)  for  a good discussion and some opinions. -
Seth Emerson

favorites at AOL Food.