<VV> Convertible top window care

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Fri May 16 12:00:03 EDT 2008

The good news is that Christine has a new convertible top and it looks
and fits great.  I can now see out of the rear window for the first time
since I bought her.

The bad news is that Christine has a new convertible top and the days of
putting the top down without any care are over.

I'd really like to keep the rear window as clear as possible for as long
as possible.  Other than rinsing off the dust with lots of water, a mild
soap and a soft cloth, what do I need to do when I put the top down?
Specifically, what's up with the zipper on the rear window?  Should I
unzip the window when I put the top down or leave it zipped up?

Thanks,
Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red
(ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm

P.S.  I'm pretty sure that neither silicon nor silicone is going to be
good for it!  :o)