<VV> Corvair Master cylinder

mmcguire at hiwaay.net mmcguire at hiwaay.net
Sun May 18 09:46:37 EDT 2008

i'd suggest someting different!

Use DOT 4 brake fluid.  Europeans cars went to this years a go.  I buy ATE a liter at  a time.  It is
compatible with DOT3, but it does have a higher boiling point.  If you read the specs, I believe it holds  2-
3 more moisture in suspension.  Change it every 2 years and not have corrosion problems within a brake
system.
Also, I never pedal bleed on M/C's.  This way the cup is not going down on a part of the bore with crude
(older MC).  I use a Vacuula but also have pressure bled.  Both work well and MC life seems much better.

Michael