<VV> Carb Rebuilding (added...Fuel Efficiency)

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sun May 18 12:44:03 EDT 2008

Mike -

Excellent commentary!  It's good to see somebody making good use of
modern technology to improve carb tuning techniques.  The Innovate
products are good ones at a great price -- we even use them at work
for non-critical development.  They are every bit the equal of the lab
grade wide range systems offered by ETAS and NTK, with the exception
of a very *slightly* slower response time.  The difference in response
time might matter for OEM direct injection, but not at all for carbs
or even aftermarket tuning.  Keep posting more details on what you
learn re the carb tuning -- the wide band sensors are much better
tools than were available OEM engineers in the 1960s.  Watching how
the carbs perform during transient maneuvers is of particular interest
to me.

Jim Burkhard