<VV> Tracking my Vair

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Sun May 18 20:15:04 EDT 2008

There is no national database of older VIN's. Your state may have some
history on it (and states used to readily share this) but with the wave
of privacy laws as everything became automated in the 90's, most states
now refuse to provide any history at all. Still worth a shot.

And you can get some initial build info from GM... but not as detailed
as some other manufacturers (where they have actual copies of line
assembly cards, etc).

Otherwise, your best bet is to try and trace the car yourself and/or
with the help of the local Corvair community. But it's the unusual (but
not unique) Corvair that has a fully known history...

Bill