<VV> a very happy corvair mechanic

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 06:48:53 EDT 2008

The smoke is blowby from combustion getting past the piston rings. Since
this is the first time this engine's been started in awhile, could be the
rings need to settle in. Or the PCV needs cleaning. Or the rings are worn or
carboned up.
Drive it and see if it improves or gets worse, but check the PCV an its
plumbing first. Some puffing out the PCV pipe is normal.

harry yarnell
Poohbah of Perryman
perryman garage and orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net